Wouldn’t it be nice to have a have a house-trained puppy who comes when you call? Each chapter in this best-selling book provides step-by-step instructions on teaching manners to new puppies. Also included are important topics like socialization, appropriate play, helping puppies conquer their fears, and how to stop unwanted behavior.
Engaging, humorous and user-friendly, The Puppy Primer describes a six-week program to get you and your puppy off on the right paw. Designed for puppies under five months of age, you’ll learn how to create the foundation your pup needs to become a well-adjusted and well-behaved member of the family. Here’s what you can look forward to learning with your puppy:
- How to make training fun for BOTH you and your puppy
- How to teach basic cues including Sit, Down, Come, Heel, Stay
- Simple steps for house and crate training
- How to use positive reinforcement without spoiling your puppy
- What to do when adolescence strikes!
It is true what they say: Practice really does make perfect, but it has to be fun or you won’t do it.
The Puppy Primer not only makes it fun, it provides a week-by-week structure that is easy to follow and realistic for busy owners and distractible puppies.
117 pages, paperback