At last! A kids-and-dogs book for parents written by someone who “Gets It”.
Parenting books say control your dog; dog-training books say control your kids. The reality is far more complex and goes way beyond placing blame on either children or dogs for being who they are.
Living with Kids and Dogs… Without Losing Your Mind provides busy parents with simple, realistic advice to help ensure that the relationship between their kids and their dog is a safe and enjoyable one.
You will learn how to:
- Help your child and dog develop a strong relationship, built on trust and co-operation.
- Set your family up for success with a minimum of effort.
- Recognise canine stress signals and know when your dog is getting worried about normal kid activity.
- Identify serious behaviour problems before someone gets hurt.
- Prevent your child from becoming part of a growing statistic – children who have been bitten by a dog.
166 pages, paperback